Squidoo is the popular publishing platform and community that makes it easy for you to create "lenses" online.
For business, it is a very important part of Internet SEO
(Search Engine Optimization) which gets your business noticed on a world-wide scale.
Lenses are pages, kind of like flyers or signposts or overview articles, that gather everything you know about your topic of interest--and snap it all into focus. Like the lens of a camera, your perspective on something. (You're looking at a lens right now).
Why do you need it? Because:
- This is an important part of keeping your company website placed in the highest rankings.
- The higher the ranking, the higher the clicks from visitors.
- The more clicks and visitors, the higher you stay in the rankings and the more phone calls you receive.
- The more phone calls, the more business.
- It is as simple as that.
It's a powerful way to share your interests, build your online identity and credibility, and connect with new readers and friends. It's all free. The question you need to ask yourself is, where can you find the time to do all of this internet stuff when you have work to do?
A few facts about Squidoo as of May 2011
(pulled directly from www.squidoo.com
1. Squidoo has been reviewed by the New York Times, Mashable, BoingBoing and sites and papers around the world. But the reviews we're most proud of: those from our lensmasters, who talk about Squidoo and their lenses on their blogs.
2. We call our pages "lenses" because each is one person's focus on something that she's interested in, something that matters to her.
3. Squidoo was founded in 2005 and was live to the world in 2006. The founding team consisted of just four people. In 2011 we're only at 6 full time people.
4. We are on the list of the most 100 most popular websites in the US, ranked by Quantcast traffic.
5. We launched the site with the tagline "Everyone's an expert (on something)." We have since learned that while this is indeed true, most people are too humble to consider themselves serious experts. Rather, most people think of themselves as hobbyists, interested (and interesting) folks. And that's what we've got here. Taglines are overrated.
6. We generate hundreds of thousands of dollars in annual royalties to charities and to our users.
7. There's a Squidoo cookbook! In early 2009 Seth and Megan wrote The Joy of Squidoo: A Recipe Book for Great Lenses
8. If you want to know more about Seth Godin, Original Squid and founder and bestselling author and blogger, look here
9. Many lensmasters earn more than $10,000 a year from Squidoo. Some make $100. Others are happy with $40 or $4. Lots give it to charity.
10. Most of our best users aren't here for the money. It's just a fortunate byproduct of their passion and great content.
11. As of October 2010: More than one million people visit Squidoo (that means your lenses) every day
. The more traffic one lens brings in, the greater the chances that visitor will see your lens as well. That means it's good for you when your competition on Squidoo succeeds.
12. Squidoo is free to use.
13. Many of our lensmasters earmark their earnings for charity, and the Squidteam also makes donations to worthy causes throughout the year. So far, Squidoo has generated more than $500,000.00 to charities around the world, including Acumen Fund, charity: water, Room to Read, the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and literally hundreds of others. We hope you'll join us in creating positive change in the world.
Pretty interesting stuff – and I’m willing to bet, stuff you had “No-Clue” about until now.
Stuff your competition will never know unless someone tells them.
Stuff that once implemented, will give you a HUGE advantage over your competition.
We can do it for you – it is part of our service.
To get started, Contact Us Now.
For the Do-It-Yourselfers, here are a few handy links to get you started
If you're just digging in...
Squidoo HQ: Our official group blog
Everything you ever needed to learn about Squidoo.
Start a new lens!
You'll find lots of links and buttons around the site that you can use to start a new lens, so here's just one more shortcut if you're ready to get going right now.
: Missing argument 2 for wpdb::prepare(), called in /home/content/01/7635901/html/betterhalf/wp-content/plugins/call-to-action-plugin/call-to-action-plugin.php on line 231 and defined in /home/content/01/7635901/html/betterhalf/wp-includes/wp-db.php
on line 1147
: Missing argument 2 for wpdb::prepare(), called in /home/content/01/7635901/html/betterhalf/wp-content/plugins/call-to-action-plugin/call-to-action-plugin.php on line 232 and defined in /home/content/01/7635901/html/betterhalf/wp-includes/wp-db.php
on line 1147
Contact Us For a FREE Consultation -
Give us 17 minutes. If we fail to show you three strategies for improving your business to you haven\'t thought about, or have no time learn about, and you honestly feel we wasted your time, we will write a check for $100 in your name to meals on wheels right there on the spot!
Contact Us Now